Cimarron – Biogas Flares
Global Environmental Solutions
Farms across America are discovering that the gases produced from the organic waste of livestock are not only harmful to the environment, they can also be a missed opportunity to fuel the facility. Through the combustion of methane, agricultural facilities are able to reduce their carbon footprints, meet or exceed government regulations and/or integrate with energy recapture programs for the facility. Flares and flare systems are an itrigal part of biogas systems. Cimarron provides the Momentum Biogas series of elevated flares as one of the most economical lines of combustion equipment for the biogas sector, offering a cost-effective solution with rapid delivery.
Momentum flares utilize a specially designed “burner and shroud” system to manage the intricate mixing with ambient air to provide a ~98% destruction and removal efficiency (DRE) and high turndown ratio in a simple, yet effective, product.
The Momentum Series is a reliable method of emission control and can become part of a customized system tailored to fit your location. These elevated flares are easy to install and can handle the toughest environmental conditions.
Key features when considering AEREON’s MOMENTUM Biogas Series flares:
• Economical flare package
• 100% stainless steel construction for long service life and low maintenance cost
• Profire ignition system with intergraded BMS (burner management system)
• High turndown ratio
• Advanced designed stainless steel windshield provide optimal flame stability even at minimum flow rates
• Oversized stainless steel base plate for a quick, easy and cost-effective erection
• Guywire supported
• 98% DRE (destruction and removal efficiency)
• Optional flame deflagration arrester
• Optional solar-powered 12-volt ignition system
• Commissioning and start-up support from our in-house service team 24/7/365
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
Newtrient will continue to work with Cimarron to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come on line.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY