Clarke Energy – Anaerobic Digester
Global Reach with Local Focus
Clarke Energy, a KOHLER Company, is a multi-award-winning global business specializing in the engineering, installation and maintenance of distributed power generation solutions. Clarke Energy provides distributed power plant solutions with market leading engineering, installation and maintenance support.
Their specialty is gas engine power stations and combined heat and power technology. They are expanding this offering to incorporate additional and complimentary renewable energy generation and storage technologies as hybrids or microgrids. They are also able to offer biogas upgrading solutions for gas grid injection.
Clarke Energy can offer comprehensive engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services complimenting the supply and maintenance of a gas engine or other power generation equipment. Clarke Energy adds value to the core power solution through engineering, installation and maintenance services. Their supply can range from the sale of a single engine, through to a combined heat and power plant, to a fully engineered power plant, or with the integration of other power generation or a hybrid or microgrid solution.
- Architectural design and support
- Full mechanical and electrical design
- Integrated 3D modeling and design
- Site and building compliance co-ordination
- Site construction, site investigation, site remediation and installation of base structures with various methods of piled and retained supporting methods.
- Inspection and test procedure (ITP) management – integrated quality management system.
- Road works
- Concrete structures
- Steelwork and building construction
- Foul and surface water drainage systems
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Clark Energy has recently been added to the technology catalog, Newtrient will continue to work with them to further refine the cost and performance information, publishing it and updating the 9-Point score as information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY