Cuff Farm Services – Heavy Duty Screw Press Screens
About the Company:
Cuff Farm Services Inc. (CFS) was established in 2007 and is an agricultural and livestock manure management business based in Cayuga County, New York. Serving over 2000 clients, CFS provides services primarily to the Northeast region expanding services as far as Ohio, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Vermont.
CFS specializes in lowering the cost of manure application, improving nutrient control and utilization, producing, and managing high-quality bedding material, mitigating manure storage odor, designing and fabricating dragline systems, offering new and refurbished equipment and parts, and providing sales and maintenance of irrigation and manure separation equipment.
About the Solution:
Cuff Farm Services (CFS)’s American made Heavy Duty Screw Press Screens come in two sizes, with various options for wedge wire widths. Their screens fit the Doda 780 Screw Press, and the FAN 780 Screw Press.
The screens are built out of heavy-duty stainless steel to provide sound structure and resist corrosion. They build their screens to last longer and provide a tighter tolerance that results in the best dry matter material possible. CFS strives to provide a product where customers can notice a performance improvement and spend less time cleaning and more time running their equipment. To achieve this CFS performs a rigorous 20-point inspection and reverifies and validates the process.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Screw press technologies:
- Produces fiber for bedding, soil amendment and compost
- Used extensively on dairies across the country to reduce concerns associated with storage and application
- Do not significantly reduce nutrients from the manure stream
- Can utilize many types of technology like slope screen, screw press, rotary drum and others
- Used before many other technologies to remove coarse solids
- Minimal maintenance and operator time required
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control but with limited impact in all cases
Cuff Farm Services has recently been added to the Newtrient catalog. Newtrient will continue to work with Cuff Farm Services to further refine the cost and performance information on their solution. Newtrient will update this entry as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY