DVO, Inc. – Linear Vortex Digester
Renewables at Work
About the Company:
Largely due to unparalleled performance: DVO’s anaerobic digester (AD) systems greatly reduce odors, are cost-effective, scalable, operate automatically and require low maintenance. DVO is the U.S. market leader for AD and environmental engineering, providing reliable, proven solutions and services to industry and agriculture for over 22 years.
About the Solution:
DVO's patented Two Stage Linear VortexTM digesters process more industrial and farm wastes in North America than any other company, or design. Largely due to unparalleled performance: DVO's Two Stage Linear VortexTM digester systems greatly reduce odors, are cost-effective, scalable, operate automatically and require low maintenance. DVO is the U.S. market leader for AD and environmental engineering, providing reliable, proven solutions and services to industry and agriculture for over 22 years.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
The DVO Two Stage Linear Vortex digester is a mixed plug flow design and is currently in operation on over 90 projects ranging in size from 500 to 15,000 head. The DVO system has evolved to be a reliable and efficient energy production platform on dairy manure. DVO has demonstrated a consistent commitment to the advancement, development and commercialization of anaerobic digestion and manure management technology. DVO is a founding member of the American Biogas Council (ABC) and active in the promotion of the dairy industry at all levels. DVO recently announced their first installation in Pennsylvania, bringing the number of states with a DVO digester to 19. Its patented digester system has also been constructed in six foreign countries.
Newtrient will continue to work with DVO to further refine the cost and performance information as more information comes in with new commercial dairy installations.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY