FITEC – Pasteurizing System
Not just biogas, Precision Biogas
Fitec seeks to build client relationships with the farming community that last by providing organic processing equipment that lasts. They design processing systems that are robust and reliable and are capable of handling a full range of on-farm and off-farm organic material. For over 30 years they have been providing biogas technologies and process designs throughout the world, and their expert biological and operational support services are available when you need them.
Their motto is “With Fitec, it’s not just biogas, it’s Precision BiogasTM“
The Fitec Pasteurizing System is designed to pasteurize organics with a high total solids content and a high level of residual contaminants, without downtime issues. Thanks to an impressive energy efficiency, this system doesn't require any in-vessel heating.AUTOMATED HEATING, STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF BIOPULP
- Modular and scalable to any sized application, the pasteurizing system is fully-automated and integrated into the heating system for the anaerobic digester. This unique efficiency significantly reduces operating costs:
- Designed to handle highly abrasive materials with high solids contents at high temperatures
- Biopulp is heated to a minimum of 70ºC and held for 1 hour to meet regulations before being sent to the digester
- Includes ball-valve pumps, double-tube heat exchanger and storage tanks
- No mechanical movement in the system means no fouling of equipment and low maintenance costs
- Each pasteurization component is modeled and sized based on a per project basis
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
Fitec is new to the Newtrient solutions catalog and the U.S. market. Newtrient will continue to work with Fitec to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come on line.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY