FITEC – Self-cleaning Anaerobic Digester
Not just biogas, Precision Biogas
About the Company:
Fitec seeks to build client relationships with the farming community that last by providing organic processing equipment that lasts. They design processing systems that are robust and reliable and are capable of handling a full range of on-farm and off-farm organic material. For over 30 years they have been providing biogas technologies and process designs throughout the world, and their expert biological and operational support services are available when you need them.
Their motto is “With Fitec, it’s not just biogas, it’s Precision BiogasTM“
About the Solution:
Fitec’s self-cleaning digester includes a grit removal system and a plastics removal system. Contaminants are continuously discharged to maintain maximum digester capacity and eliminate down-time due to cleaning.
In use at over 15 different biogas plants, the Fitec Self-Cleaning Digester prevents the build-up of contaminants in digester tanks, allowing for long-term, uninterrupted plant operation to maximize revenue. It produces digestate that exceeds the strictest global quality standards for residual contaminants, and can be land-applied or used in fertilizer manufacturing.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Fitec is new to the Newtrient solutions catalog and the U.S. market. Newtrient will continue to work with Fitec to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come on line.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY