Meska Solutions – Anaerobic Digester
Saving the planet one gallon at a time...
MESKA Solutions is dedicated to saving the planet and family farms one gallon at a time. They develop Biogas projects from dairy, swine and food waste using Anaerobic Digestion. Their mission is to help the American farmers diversify their revenue streams, using AD to convert a liability into income.
MESKA’s unique approach contracts projects directly with the farmer, avoiding go-betweens that minimize potential royalty payments. Farmers are provided with a free, transparent evaluation of an RNG project on their farm and how much revenue each party expects to receive. MESKA's partners have decades of experience developing and constructing manure and processing waste AD projects.
They believe in maintaining a positive mindset, creating partnerships with a purpose, and always striving for significant outcomes. When you work with Them, you should expect a collaboration with transparency and consistency.
• Provide Technical due diligence and Financial Modeling to determine if a project is feasible
• Financially Backed developers – and expert guidance and assistance with Grant proposals
• Explore the best options for energy output and by-products of digestion
• Create a project proposal package to send out to the most qualified RNG developers in the industry
• Unbiased Contract review and negotiations with RNG developers
• Bring in extra feedstock and develop a RNG project using co-digestion
MESKA currently has dairy projects in North Carolina and Nebraska and are actively helping to develop a hub and spoke dairy project in Pennsylvania.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Meska Solutions has recently been added to the technology catalog, Newtrient will continue to work with them to further refine the cost and performance information, publishing it and updating the 9-Point score as information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY