MSD Environmental – Belt Filter Press
Nationwide sales of new, refurbished and customized dewatering equipment, including belt filter presses, gravity belt thickeners, rotary sludge thickeners and centrifuges.
About the Company:
MSD Environmental Services, Inc. is a company that specializes in high performance dewatering equipment. MSD technicians have well over 70 years combined experience in the installation and operation of water and wastewater units for municipal and industrial applications.
About the Solution:
MSD Environmental Services, Inc.has a constantly changing inventory of refurbished units that can be customized for your application. MSD also are in the market for units that you may be replacing. Call MSD to discuss.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Chemical flocculation technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in irrigation quality “tea water”:
- Produces a clay like cake which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- Supported technologies include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others; all requiring flocculants to achieve high rates of solids removal
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site and by technology
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
Newtrient will continue to work with MSD Environmental to further refine the cost and performance information as more information comes in with new commercial dairy installations.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY