PRODEVAL – Valopack – Contaminant Capture and Treatment Unit
RNG Process Technologies
PRODEVAL specializes in converting Biogas from the Anaerobic Digestion of organic waste into Biomethane. This 100% renewable energy can be used to replace fossil fuels, preventing further CO2 emissions. Their innovative solutions currently prevent the emission of 50.45 tons of CO2e per hour.
You can even distribute BioCNG, a 100% renewable fuel alternative, through their fueling solutions. PRODEVAL, has developed refueling stations capable of supplying all types of vehicles and all types of fleets. With scalable solutions that can be adapted to suit the needs of clients. BioCNG is safe, green fuel.
Over the past 30 years, PRODEVAL has honed their expertise in both engineering, and the production and distribution of Biomethane. Their staff will be on-hand to assist you with your project, providing a full follow-up service to ensure smooth running of your installations for as long as they are in use.
PRODEVAL is ISO 9001 certified. This certificate shows that the quality management system meets all the strict requirements and applies to modular gas systems for CNG distribution.
After a first pretreatment process, the VALOPACK filtration unit is designed to extract contaminants (H2S, siloxanes, VOCs) from Biogas before continuing with the upgrading process, using two activated carbon filter tanks as well as a 3 µm dust filter after the carbon filters to prevent dust from spreading after load changes. The type of activated carbon used is chosen based on the concentration of each contaminant in the Biogas (dealing specifically with H2S or VOCs).
- Lead-lag assembly: Possibility of reversing the direction of gas flow in the filters to improve the quantity of contaminants retained by the activated carbons and to optimize the loading rate
- Optimal filtration and continuous operation
- H2S measurements between filters: Continuous monitoring of loading rates and anticipation of activated carbon renewal
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
PRODEVAL has recently been added to the Newtrient catalog. Newtrient will continue to work with PRODEVAL to further refine the cost and performance information on their technologies and services. Newtrient will update this entry as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
Newtrient 9-Point Technology Scoring Rating
View the Technology Scoring page
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY