Woodward – E3 Fuel Blending Gas Engine Control System
Combines high-quality natural gas with lower-quality bio-gas fuels
Woodward’s E3 Fuel Blending gas engine control system is designed for gas engines used in applications where the energy quality of the fuel supply is variable, but where the customer wants to be able to supplement “poor” energy quality fuels with natural gas. The E3 Fuel Blending system combines high-quality natural gas with lower-quality bio-gas fuels, adjusting the fuel mix continuously during engine operation to achieve desired power outputs or when bio-gas is in low supply.
Woodward offers an alternative to your competitors to blend fuel for your bio-gas solutions without the high cost of a plant level PLC-based blending system. Woodward can keep your engine running on depleted bio-gas sources without you having to purchase a new engine that produces less power.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
Woodward is currently working with Newtrient to provide additional information on it's technology and installations.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY