Xergi – Anaerobic Digestion
Excellence in Biogas
About the Company:
Xergi is a leading supplier of advanced turnkey biogas plants with more than 30 years of experience.
They specialize in large-scale plants, with any mix of feedstock, including food waste, straw, manure incl. chicken manure, deep litter, crop residue, industrial organic waste, etc.
As a full service supplier, Xergi offers full turnkey biogas plants, automated control systems, training and education, biological support, O&M packages, and support from their in-house research & development team.
About the Solution:
Xergi’s biogas plants are able to utilize almost any kind of biomass to produce biogas, including:
- Animal manure
- Residue from crops
- Biofuel by-products
- Food industry waste
- Household and restaurant food waste
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
The requirement for purchased energy and costs are a significant concern leading to a trade-off between input costs and gains.
Newtrient will continue to work with Xergi to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come on line.
It appears Xergi has been acquired by Nature Energy.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY