AL-INS Enterprises, LLC – Screw Press
Innovation that drives the Earth... persistent pursuit of perfection!
Founded in 2007 by CEO, Aaron Kuhls and COO Eric Heiling, AL-INS Enterprises strives to move the entire industry forward. In the past several years a lot has changed – technology, governments, world economies, the materials used in daily lives. AL-INS Enterprises is committed to doing the best quality work in the world. With an old-fashioned attitude about quality work that needs to be done when we promised… and done correctly. More and more, that means relying on brilliant engineers and hardworking craftsmen working in tandem. You will find that at AL-INS Enterprises, LLC.
AL-INS Enterprises, LLC. has developed a new innovative dewatering screw press that is in its own class. The MS-10 was designed to better suit customer needs by working closely with end users. Some features include:
- An American made product! Components are American made!
- Unique screen designed to extend the life of the screens and provide for easy replacement. The auger does not need to be removed to change the screens.
- The design reduces replacement parts costs.
- An entirely 304 Stainless steel structure for longevity.
- Placement of motor and gearbox gives easy access and removal for rear bearing and seal with the help of a custom coupler.
- The removal of the motor and gearbox to change a bearing or seal is not necessary.
- Auger is completely unique to the industry made of AR400 steel and Tungsten Carbide hardened ends. 17-4 Stainless steel shafts for ease of replacement.
- Slurry can NOT enter the gearbox/motor combination.
- Direct drive with a brilliantly engineered coupler.
- Dual bearing system allows for true auger concentricity.
- “Normal” dairy slurry, pumped direct at between 150-200GPM, with LS3 system 400GPM.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Screw press technologies:
- Produces fiber for bedding, soil amendment and compost
- Used extensively on dairies across the country to reduce concerns associated with storage and application
- Do not significantly reduce nutrients from the manure stream
- Can utilize many types of technology like slope screen, screw press, rotary drum and others
- Used before many other technologies to remove coarse solids
- Minimal maintenance and operator time required
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control but with limited impact in all cases
Newtrient will continue to work with AL-INS Enterprises to further refine the cost and performance information on their technology as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come on line.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY